[Building Sakai] sitestats 2.0 does not report the event of grade book item new in sakai 2.6

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Thu May 14 07:49:10 PDT 2009

Hi Kimberly,

Can you check the podcast RSS public and site(private feed) feed events ? I
> don't think those two are generated either.

After looking into SAKAI_EVENT table, these two events are being generated
with a REF field inconsistent (/group/SITE_ID) with the remaining events
fromthe Podcast tool (/content/group/SITE_ID) and have the CONTEXT field set
to null - since SiteStats can't find the site it came from, events are
ignored...

I have created a new JIRA for it:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-16328

...and a new JIRA for SiteStats:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/STAT-155

> The interesting part of this problem is in RSSPodfeedServlet.java(
> SAK-6404), those two events are defined as " podcast.read.public" and
> "podcast.read.site",
> but in the toolEventsDef.xml, those two events are defined as
>
> <event eventId="podcast.generate.public" selected="true"/>
> 		<event eventId="podcast.generate.private" selected="true"/>
>
> That's because those events were previously logged as "podcast.generate.*"
and were changed some time later.

> Which DB table, sitestats use to get the events' info after the first start ?
>
> SiteStats uses the EventTrackingService to get notified of logged events -
but you can look at the SAKAI_EVENT table which is where
EventTrackingService also writes the events it sends.

Nuno

> Thanks,
> -Kim
> Rutgers, OIRT

> RSSPodfeedServlet.java:
>
> public class RSSPodfeedServlet extends HttpServlet {
>         /** Used to set the MIME type of the response back to the client
> **/
>         private static final String RESPONSE_MIME_TYPE = "application/xml;
> charset=UTF-8";
>
>         /** Used to track the event of generating a public feed **/
>         private final String EVENT_PUBLIC_FEED = "podcast.read.public";
>
>         /** Used to track the event of generating a private feed **/
>         private final String EVENT_PRIVATE_FEED = "podcast.read.site";
>

> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Nuno Fernandes <nuno at ufp.edu.pt> wrote:
>
>> Kimberly,
>>
>> "gradebook.newItem" is not being generated on my installation either. I
>> have created a new JIRA for it:
>>
>> http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-16326
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Nuno
>>

>> 2009/5/14 Kimberly Ma <this4it at gmail.com>
>>
>>>  Hi, Folks,
>>>
>>> We are testing sitestats 2.0 reports events generated by grade book,
>>> found out it does not report on grade book item new event. By comparing the
>>> grade book src. code of sakai 2.6 to 2.5, found out 2.6 doesn't post event
>>> for  gradebook.newItem in AssignmentBean.java or any other java files. Did I
>>> miss something here ? or it is a bug.
>>>
>>> AssignmentBean.java in sakai 2.5,
>>>
>>> public String saveNewAssignment() {
>>>         try {
>>>             Category selectedCategory = retrieveSelectedCategory();
>>>             if (selectedCategory != null) {
>>>
>>> getGradebookManager().createAssignmentForCategory(getGradebookId(),
>>> selectedCategory.getId(), assignment.getName(),
>>> assignment.getPointsPossible(), assignment.getDueDate(), new