[Building Sakai] Remote Eclipse over X-Terminal

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu May 14 05:39:57 PDT 2009

Hi all.

Does anybody use, by chance, a remote Eclipse with a x-terminal over
Windows XP?

We have an Ubuntu with our local repository of Sakai and the Tomcat
where we deploy it, but we must install there the Eclipse to configure
it with Tomcat, Subversion, etc. So I have installed a X-Terminal
(Reflection X) on my XP in order to access remotely to Eclipse. And my
problem is that is running really slow, the IDE takes about 6-8 seconds
in painting the screen every time I minimize and maximize.

I don't think that it's a network problem, because the same remote
Eclipse runs smoothly in another Ubuntu. I must use XP for work matters.

Could somebody recommend me some X-Terminal software that is known to
work OK in this approach? Or another way to face this situation?

Thanks in advance.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Lo importante no es saber, sino tener el teléfono del que sabe. (Les
Luthiers)