[Building Sakai] FCKeditor / Firefox spell checking

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Thu May 7 20:41:55 PDT 2009

we use aspell, I found a jsp version of the server side script which I
modified so I could set the aspell.path via sakai.properties

http://www.fckeditor.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7219

I think I attached the jsp in this ticket, http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-4069
, you can find more info there. For us having to install aspell is a
real pain, I just like to keep the install as simple as possible, I
really don't like the idea of calling out to shell scripts, something
about it just doesn't sit well with my constitution.   The next step
is replace the dependency on aspell.  I found a google web service out
there, hopefully at somepoint I'll get some time to convert this to
use that.

John Bush
Development Manager
rSmart