[Building Sakai] Sakai & The Higher Ed Opportunity Act of 2008

Luke Fernandez luke.fernandez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:58:39 PDT 2009

Robert,

One thing that caters to this is building into your assessment tools
features that facilitate proctoring. When tests are delivered through
proctors the student's identity can be verified.  Some of these
proctoring features include:

-Features that allow a campus proctor administrator to track and
authorize a network of remote proctors.
-Features that allow remote students to find these proctors through
the testing interface and to request that test passwords be made
available to these proctors.
-Features that deliver student-test-and-proctor specific test
passwords to the proctor so that the main test password never has to
be disseminated.
-Features that allow a proctor to certify test attempts.
-Features that allow faculty and proctor administrators to track
certifications.

I added some of these requirements to JIRA back in 2005 (cf.
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-1905 )....but AFAIK there
aren't active initiatives to code these yet.

Here's some short (somewhat outdated tutorials) that allude to some of
the above features in our homegrown system:

https://chitester.weber.edu/misc/docs/newVersion/ProctorTests/ProctorTests.html
https://chitester.weber.edu/misc/docs/newVersion/TestReservation/TestReservation.html

Cheers,

Luke