[Building Sakai] WARNs about placeholder.properties

Ray Davis ray at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 11 13:06:01 PDT 2009

I should have added that any 2.6 deployments that *do* depend on a
"placeholder.properties" file can explicitly load it using the same
sakai-configuration.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"
     http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util-2.0.xsd">
   <!-- Change the list of local properties files. (The default
sakai.properties will still be read.) -->
   <bean id="org.sakaiproject.component.SakaiProperties"
parent="org.sakaiproject.component.DefaultSakaiProperties">
     <property name="locations">
       <list merge="true">
         <value>file:${sakai.home}sakai.properties</value>
         <value>file:${sakai.home}placeholder.properties</value>
       </list>
     </property>
   </bean>
</beans>