[Building Sakai] WARNs about placeholder.properties

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Mar 11 13:54:44 PDT 2009

The default K1 sakai-configuration.xml looks for several local
properties files besides kernel.properties and the config project's
default.sakai.properties files.  I believe the warnings are generated
by the Spring framework's property factory bean when properties files
are not located.

Besides placeholder.properties other WARN messages are typically
generated for local.properties and security.properties.  What is your
view on these properties file references?

Anth

K1 component-manager/src/main/bundle/org/sakaiproject/config/sakai-
configuration.xml

[excerpt]

<!--
		The "${sakai.home}/sakai-configuration.xml" file can override this
bean to change which properties
		files are read, or to plug a DB-backed or JMX-backed properties
factory bean into the "properties"
		slot.

		However, if you do overwrite the SakaiProperties bean, make sure to
include the "parent" attribute!
	-->
	<bean id="org.sakaiproject.component.SakaiProperties"
parent="org.sakaiproject.component.DefaultSakaiProperties">
		<property name="locations">
			<list merge="true">
				<value>file:${sakai.home}placeholder.properties</value>
				<value>file:${sakai.home}sakai.properties</value>
				<value>file:${sakai.home}local.properties</value>
				<value>file:${sakai.security}security.properties</value>
			</list>
		</property>
	</bean>

>>> http://jira.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-12236