[Building Sakai] WARNs about placeholder.properties

Ray Davis ray at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 11 12:57:03 PDT 2009

+1. The last time I was working in the configuration system, I left the
old checks in place just so as to eliminate backwards incompatibility in
my changes. Cleaning them out now as a separate step sounds good to me.

On my local deployments, BTW, I use the new sakai-configuration.xml to
override the defaults:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"
     http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util-2.0.xsd">

	<!-- Change the list of local properties files. (The default
sakai.properties will still be read.) -->
	<bean id="org.sakaiproject.component.SakaiProperties"
parent="org.sakaiproject.component.DefaultSakaiProperties">
		<property name="locations">
				<!--
				  For efficiency's sake, this should be commented out except when
				  changing the default grading scales.
				<value>file:${sakai.home}gradebook.properties</value>
				-->
			</list>
		</property>
	</bean>