[Building Sakai] deleting of motd from the gateway page

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 23 05:18:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

You can remove the sakai.motd tool from the page of a site via Admin
Workspace > Sites > (find site) > scroll to Pages > (find page you
want to edit) > Tools > choose tool > Remove Tool > Save.

For instance to remove the Messages tool from the Gateway:
Sites > !gateway > Pages > From the sakai.motd toolId, I can see it's
on the Welcome page, so click that > Tools > sakai.motd > Remove Tool
 > Save.

Same process for removing entire pages. A page is just a holder for
one or more tools. Pages are the items on the left nav.

To skin Sakai, the main CSS you want to adjust is portal.css found at
SAKAI-SRC/reference/library/src/webapp/skin/<skinname>/portal.css

You might want to take a copy of the 'default' skin and call it
something else, adjust the sakai.property 'skin.default=xxx' to be the
name of the folder you created, then edit that one.

cheers,
Steve

---
Steve Swinsburg