[Building Sakai] Page Order buttons & i18n

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue Jun 23 02:02:20 PDT 2009

Hi all.

I'm trying to solve an i18n problem in Sakai 2.5.3. The buttons in the
Page Order tool don't translate to the user's prefered language. They
are always in english.

The keys that should be loaded are in
site-manage/pageorder/tool/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/tool/pageorder/bundle/Messages_es.properties,
they are named "save", "cancel" and "reset". The other keys in this file
works well.

I have tracked the buttons code to the class
site-manage/pageorder/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/site/tool/helper/order/rsf/PageListProducer.java,
at this point:

UICommand.make(pageForm, "save", "#{SitePageEditHandler.savePages}")
              .decorate(new UITooltipDecorator(messageLocator
                        .getMessage("save_message")));

but I can't change it to show the proper values. This change:

UICommand.make(pageForm, messageLocator.getMessage("save"),
"#{SitePageEditHandler.savePages}")
              .decorate(new UITooltipDecorator(messageLocator
                        .getMessage("save_message")));

doesn't show any button. Changing the third parameter with another text
doesn't work either.

How could I get the internationalized value? I haven't found any JIRA
about this subject. By the way, the RSF wiki i18n page
(http://www2.caret.cam.ac.uk/rsfwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=I18N) doesn't seem to
work.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Tras la derrota de Goliath, los gigantes dejaron de imponer tanto
respeto. (Richard P. Feynman)