[Building Sakai] Question in creating new course site

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Tue Jun 16 09:26:34 PDT 2009

Phuc Bui:

Sakai handles site group and role integration with the Group Provider
interface.  If you look further down that link, you could see the
description of default CourseManagementGroupProvider and how to
configure it.

So with your CourseManagementService implementation, you would also
need to have your own CourseManagementGroupProvider, then register it
in component.xml file as for
"org.sakaiproject.authz.api.GroupProvider" bean.  And do not deploy
the Sakai default providers, which are defined in providers module in
your sakai course directory.

Hope this helps,

- Zhen