[Building Sakai] Eclipse / Subclipse EOL

branden at uwindsor.ca branden at uwindsor.ca
Tue Jun 16 08:52:28 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm running into some frustrating problems with EOL's flipping on me, and
not being able to generate patches. I was wondering if anyone has any
insight.

I have eol-style=native set in my Subversion settings (as per the sakai
subversion config file). However, I have a few files which have been
commit with changes, and EOL characters were swapped to CRLF from LF in
the repository. Now I can't generate a patch. Theoretically, svn should
have handled converting back from CR+LF to LF. Right?

I have been committing through Subclipse. I can't find an EOL-style
setting for it, and can't find much documentation on eol-style specific to
Subclipse. Does anyone know if Subclipse would inherit the Subversion
configuration file I have?

Any other ideas of why these EOL characters may have swapped?

Branden Visser
LMS Application Programmer - Information Systems Services
Information Technology Services
University of Windsor