[Building Sakai] Sakai System User automatically Logged

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 16 08:22:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

Ok the easiest way is for your remote application to use Sakai's web
services to perform a remote login. You get back a session id for the
user. You can then pass this session id on the url and redirect them
to Sakai where they will be automatically logged in.

See here for the setup of the webservices (and securing them):
http://bit.ly/V0cSv

You should run the webservices over SSL.

Your remote app will then need to make a call to https://your.sakai.server/sakai-axis/SakaiLogin.jws?wsdl
  and call the webservice login with the user's username and password.
Parse the response and get the session id. Then redirect your user to
your Sakai instance and add the session id as a url parameter: https://your.sakai.server/portal?sakai.session=XXX

cheers,
Steve

---