[Building Sakai] 2.6.x branch is only building if Maven2 repo is deleted

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Jun 3 16:28:20 PDT 2009

2.6.x should be bound to K1 1.0.8 not 1.0.9-SNAPSHOT since our goal,
as I understood it, is to eliminate otherwise unstable SNAPSHOT
dependencies in the maintenance branch given that schools frequently
choose to run 2.6.x in production.

If a school wants to run 2.6.x and bind against the latest K1 1.0.x
SNAPSHOT they are free to do so by changing the <sakai.kernel.version>
binding in /master/pom.xml  to 1.0.9-SNAPSHOT but the default binding
should be the latest stable release (e.g., 1.0.8).

Anth