[Building Sakai] 2.6.x branch is only building if Maven2 repo is deleted

Kevin Chan kevin at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Jun 3 15:57:04 PDT 2009

Hi,

So I have done more tests, but unfortunately, I have not been able to
fully fix this issue.

As I stated before, our automated Bamboo build of Sakai 2.6.x has
started to fail since May 27 (the date of the last good build), which is
also the date of the introduction of the use of 1.0.9-SNAPSHOT kernel.
Previously, David Horwitz suggested that I delete the
org/sakaiproject/kernel local maven repo folder and rebuild and this
appear to have fixed the problem. However, the next build (for which I
do not delete this directory) will inevitably fail.

This is not happening to our automated Sakai trunk build nor our local
2.6.x build (which is using a modified version of kernel and is not up
to date with the Sakai 2.6.x kernel module). I have never seen this
behavior before, so I am hoping someone can:

1. Confirm this behavior?
2. Think of possible causes of this issue?

Also, the nightly builds of Sakai 2.6.x are building fine, but I am
guessing part of the scripted process is to delete the local maven
~/.m2/repository folder.

   Kevin Chan

   Operations Team
   Educational Technology Services