[Building Sakai] what is in 2.6's org.sakaiproject.kernel ?

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Jul 24 20:07:06 PDT 2009

Back when 2.6 was first released in August there was a
transformArtifacts.xsl script that was released along with it that did a
good job of converting your poms. It's currently still hanging out in
kernel/conversion. It has a few bugs if you run it depending on your version
of xsltproc, but generally it does a good job.

The exciting (to me) news is I've written a groovy script that both
programatically generates a (visually) more reliable version of this script
AND generates a xsl to automatically do the build profiles that Steve's blog
described. It's still a few hours from completion (very busy getting 2.6
ready locally but this is part of it) but should be ready this week if you
don't need your poms converted ASAP. This is going to be the way to do it
though for contrib tools, make poms that'll build either instance. Lots of
behind the scenes work went into it though.

Thanks Steve, this was a great blog post that I'd found a few weeks ago,
saved me on another project where I had to get our provider to build without
having hard dependencies on certain other projects.

In addition, with this method you'll be able to use the
build-helper-maven-plugin in the profiles to selectively build certain files
and pick up resources only applicable to each sakai version, stay tuned!

-Matthew