[Building Sakai] what is in 2.6's org.sakaiproject.kernel ?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:24:54 PDT 2009

Also,

if you want to maintain backward compatibility with building for 2.5.x
you can get it to detect what version of Sakai you are building in via
some nifty build profiles:
http://steve-on-sakai.blogspot.com/2009/05/build-profiles-and-sakai-dependencies.html

cheers,
Steve

On 23/07/2009, at 11:22 PM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:

> Or just remove all org.sakaiproject dependencies and replace them
> with the three:
>
> <dependency>
> 	<groupId>org.sakaiproject.kernel</groupId>
> 	<artifactId>sakai-kernel-api</artifactId>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
> 	<groupId>org.sakaiproject.kernel</groupId>
> 	<artifactId>sakai-component-manager</artifactId>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
> 	<groupId>org.sakaiproject.kernel</groupId>
> 	<artifactId>sakai-kernel-util</artifactId>
> </dependency>
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>
> On 23/07/2009, at 10:16 PM, Zach A. Thomas wrote:
>

>> On Jul 23, 2009, at 3:15 PM, George Pipkin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>>  I am trying to modify the pom.xml files for something that was
>>> written for 2.6.  I want to
>>> make pom's that will allow this project to build in 2.5.x, and I
>>> have
>>> been assured by
>>> the author that all the necessary sakai components are present in
>>> 2.5.x,
>>> it's only a
>>> matter of modifying the pom's.  So I am running into dependency
>>> references
>>> for org.sakaiproject.kernel.  I'm assuming that a bunch of stuff got