[Building Sakai] GMT installation on 2.6.0

Robert E. Long relong at vmail.svsu.edu
Thu Jul 23 14:21:12 PDT 2009

All,

First off, sorry for the long post...

I am doing some local customizations to Sakai 2.6.0 and am running into an issue with the goal management tool. I have downloaded GMT 2.4.1 from contrib and it builds just fine. The problems begin when I start up Tomcat (5.5.27), I am presented with a bunch of errors (listed below) and all beans are then destroyed and Tomcat fails to start. If I remove GMT from the build, everything starts up OK.

Any help? Am I using the correct version? Am I missing a setting? Do I need to download any further contrib tools?

Let me know if any further info is needed.

The errors are:

-------
2009-07-23 16:58:46,915 WARN main org.sakaiproject.util.ComponentsLoader - loadComponentPackage: exception loading: /usr/local/vspace/components/sakai-dp-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml : org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Class that bean class [org.sakaiproject.datapoint.taggable.impl.DataPointActivityProducerImpl] depends on not found
Offending resource: file [/usr/local/vspace260/components/sakai-dp-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]
Bean 'org.sakaiproject.datapoint.taggable.api.DataPointActivityProducer'; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sakaiproject/assignment/taggable/api/TaggableActivityProducer
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Class that bean class [org.sakaiproject.datapoint.taggable.impl.DataPointActivityProducerImpl] depends on not found
Offending resource: file [/usr/local/vspace260/components/sakai-dp-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]
Bean 'org.sakaiproject.datapoint.taggable.api.DataPointActivityProducer'; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sakaiproject/assignment/taggable/api/TaggableActivityProducer
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sakaiproject/assignment/taggable/api/TaggableActivityProducer
----------

and

----------
2009-07-23 16:58:46,951 WARN main org.sakaiproject.util.ComponentsLoader - loadComponentPackage: exception loading: /usr/local/vspace/components/sakai-gmt-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml : org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Class that bean class [org.sakaiproject.gmt.tagging.impl.GmtTaggingProviderImpl] depends on not found
Offending resource: file [/usr/local/vspace260/components/sakai-gmt-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]
Bean 'org.sakaiproject.gmt.tagging.api.GmtTaggingProvider'; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sakaiproject/assignment/taggable/api/TaggingProvider
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Class that bean class [org.sakaiproject.gmt.tagging.impl.GmtTaggingProviderImpl] depends on not found
Offending resource: file [/usr/local/vspace260/components/sakai-gmt-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]
Bean 'org.sakaiproject.gmt.tagging.api.GmtTaggingProvider'; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sakaiproject/assignment/taggable/api/TaggingProvider
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sakaiproject/assignment/taggable/api/TaggingProvider
----------

and

----------
2009-07-23 16:59:25,166 ERROR main org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory - Failed to preinstantiate the singleton named org.sakaiproject.datapoint.api.DataPointService. Destroying all Spring beans.
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.sakaiproject.datapoint.api.DataPointService' defined in file [/usr/local/vspace260/components/sakai-dp-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sakaiproject/assignment/taggable/api/TaggingManager
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sakaiproject/assignment/taggable/api/TaggingManager
-----------

Thank you,
Bob

---