[Building Sakai] Sakai Confluence dashboard

Ray Davis ray at media.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 24 09:35:07 PDT 2009

First, many thanks to the new Confluence hosts. The performance seems
snappier to me even though I'm at the campus which hosted it previously.

Naturally, however, I'm writing to make a suggestion. :) The new
"Welcome" page is excellent, but it's an excellent WELCOME page rather
than an excellent dashboard. I think of a "dashboard" as a site member's
go-to (and easily gone to) spot for what matters most to the member. For
example, my old dashboard showed my favorite spaces, recent updates to
those spaces, and the list of pages I'd marked as "Favorite":

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+the+Dashboard

Is there any way to make the "Welcome to Sakai!" page the default for
non-logged-in viewers while letting the top-of-every-page "Dashboard"
link point to something more like the old personalized dashboard (with a
prominent link to the welcome page)?

Thanks,
Ray