[Building Sakai] GMT installation on 2.6.0

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Thu Jul 23 15:10:58 PDT 2009

Bob,

Looks like there are two problems here... I suspect you are building
with older stuff in your local Maven repository such that the
dependencies are found at build time. These dependencies are then not
available at runtime in 2.6.

Problem 1: Old POMs and stale Maven repo to permit them to work for
building.

Problem 2: The taggable module was moved up to the top level. It is
no longer org.sakaiaproject.assignment.taggable.api, but rather
org.sakaiproject.taggable.api.

Solution: Run transformArtifacts.xsl on the POM to get things ported
up to kernel binding. Then look at Assignments for the proper
definition for taggable-api. It should be sakai-taggable-api, which
is listed in master, so you won't need a scope or version on the
dependency. Cross fingers and build. There shouldn't be any taggable
API changes but I could be wrong.

Thanks,
-Noah