[Building Sakai] GMT installation on 2.6.0

Sean Keesler sean at keesler.org
Thu Jul 23 15:11:28 PDT 2009

Robert,

As far as I know, Goal Management will run on 2.5 thanks to the work
of some folks at Indiana University.
However, I never heard of any plans to bring that tool forward into 2.6.

In a nutshell, there was once (2.4) a "taggable" API in the assignment
tool that supported "tagging" of assignments with Goals.

I believe it was removed from assignments because those parts were
really part of GM, received little in te way of QA treatment. The
"taggable" parts of assignments was pulled into a separate project
(called taggable) to make it right, but the project was never
completed due to lack of funding.

So, the good news is that it is there for someone to pick up and run
with. The bad news is that someone would have to pick it up. No one
has for a couple of years.

Sean