[Building Sakai] Guest Site with no My Workspace

kfaella kmf at uri.edu
Tue Jul 21 06:23:55 PDT 2009

John,

Thanks so much for the help so far.

Turns out we have two accounts (that we know of) in this state.  One is the
guest account previously discussed.  I managed to find his internal id and
found out he did have a site, not titled, nothing in it.  I deleted this
site and when I became him his My Workspace was created successfully and he
seems to be all set.

Just when things looked better, came a report that a faculty account (type
registered), self created at login with Ldap authentication as all the
nonguest accounts we have are created, also has the same problem.  I went
into the database directly to get her internal site id and can see that she
also has a site with no title.  Again, I suspect this is her My Workspace.
I suspect if I delete it her situation will also be resolved.

The problem is, why is this happening?  It does not seem that a user can do
much editing to the properties of their My Workspace.  Is there a bug?  Do
we have some other problem going on?  I am concerned especially since this
is our first production semester.  Come fall when all our users descend and
are using Sakai .....

Any one have any ideas for tracing this?  Any one seen any thing similiar?

Kathy

So the user's my workspace wasn't created when he logged in for some
reason. Try becoming the user with the Become User tool in the Admin
site. Do you see a my workspace then?

Are there other guest users in the system that aren't having problems,
or other types of users that login and see their my workspace ok?

John