[Building Sakai] 2.7 Release Discussion - Basic LTI Portlet

csev csev at umich.edu
Tue Jul 21 04:34:05 PDT 2009

Stephen - that is the SimpleLTI portlet source - here is the Basic LTI
portlet:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/csev/trunk/basiclti/

I have not yet made a tag for Basic LTI - the trunk is currently in
good shape.   There are no known errors, I have tested it a lot, it
has no known spurious debugging messages.  If you find problems let me
know.

It is designed to run along side of SimpleLTI in your system in case
you have already done SimpleLTI integrations over the past year and
need to keep them running while we transition to Basic LTI.  It also
supports the "virtual tool" concept like the SimpleLTI portlet.

I will write documentation as you suggest:

(a) How to install, configure properties, and use the Basic LTI portlet

(b) How to write a Basic LTI tool (including source code samples)

My other "to do" is internationalization which should be easy since
there is a very small amount of code.

For the SimpleLTI portlet - trunk is fine - but this tag is probably
safer - I think this is what UM is running in production (Matt??)

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/sakai-portlets/tags/release-0.1/

I did some refactor and cleanup in SimpleLTI code after that tag based
on my approach and experience adding SimpleLTI to Melete - but we
never put my new SimpleLTI trunk into production at UM because there
were no bugs fixed and no functionality changed.  The nice thing is
that the cleaner approach is what I started with to build BasicLTI.

/Chuck