[Building Sakai] getting started with... ?

David Beahm dvdbeahm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 03:57:54 PDT 2009

I am a full-time developer and part-time educator interested in working
with this project.  I have a reasonably good understanding of Java,
servlets, and HTML, but have less experience with some elements of
Tomcat configuration and am completely new to tools like Maven.  I look
forward to gaining more hands-on time with these technologies, as much
of my work has had to be in .NET.

I have been following the directions to setup the development
environment for 2.5, but after seeing some of the questions on this list
I am wondering which version of Sakai I should start with.

Best regards,
David