[Building Sakai] sakai2.5 configuration

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Wed Jul 15 02:35:26 PDT 2009

Hi Gimmi,
1. You should create a new Sakai skin by copying the folder at *
[sakai_source]/reference/library/src/webapp/skin/default* to [sakai_source]/
*reference/library/src/webapp/skin/myskin*.

2. Then, edit the CSS files inside this folder, and compile & re-deploy the
reference module.

3. Edit your *sakai.propeties* file and change the values as follows:
*skin.default=myskin*
*skin.repo=/library/skin*

4. Start up tomcat and it will be picking up your new skin!

One more tip, if you use FireFox and the FireBug extension, you will be able
to find the appropriate style for the "tool box" just by placing the mouse
over it and edit the CSS style in place (which will dynamically update the
rendered page on FireFox) :)
Then, reflect your CSS changes from the FireBug extension to the *
reference/.../myskin* CSS files!

Hope it helps,
Nuno

2009/7/15 GIMMI AGARWAL <gimmiagarwal at gmail.com>

> hello friends,
>

> I want to modify tool box using css i.e. its border should be rounded
> and it should be of different color.
>
> plz give me suggestion in detail for this
>
> -GA

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00