[Building Sakai] getting started with... ?

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Jul 15 04:02:20 PDT 2009

Hi David,

Welcome to the Sakai project. You can either take the latest official
release of 2.5 as a source download from the website, or check out one
of the branches or trunk from the SVN repo if you are familiar with
SVN. Check out the install guide for the options (http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Installation+Guide
).

If you can hold off a few more days you will be able to get an
official 2.6.0 release from the website.

This page (http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/XICrAg) should be your
launchpad for getting involved with setup and development but I'd urge
you to have a play with the tools and get a feel for how everything
works first. You can either do this on your local machine by building
and deploying, or on one of the nightly build servers here: http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org/

Those nightly servers are rest a few times each day, check the page
above.

cheers,
Steve

---