[Building Sakai] Tool must be available but not in the left navigation area

Benneker, W.F.M. W.F.M.Benneker at uva.nl
Tue Aug 25 06:52:07 PDT 2009

I looking for a solution for the following use case of teacher.

With the page order tool (light bulb) some the tools are switched off
except for the role maintain. E.g. the wiki tool & forum tool.
The basic idea is that the teacher doesn't want to have the wiki in the
navigation area. But the wiki should be available to the students by
using the url of the tool on a simple html page in the course site.

If we do this it will direct the student to the home page instead of the
home page of the wiki tool. If we switch the role from student to
maintain its works perfect.

In the wiki all preferences are set to read, write access for all roles

I'm looking in the realms for a clue but couldn't find a proper
solution.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Frank