[Building Sakai] Tool must be available but not in the left navigation area

Mark Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 11:10:32 PDT 2009

What you need is the ability to flag a tool associated with a site to be
hidden, yet make it accessible via a hard coded URL.  I looked into
making some modifications to the portal to support such a feature once.
I determined that the changes were not all that difficult, but the
client decided not to go forward with that design - so the code was
never written.  The tool MUST be added as a page in the site, otherwise
the forum or wiki tool don't have the context they need.

I'm not aware of anyone else who has tried something like this, nor do I
believe it is supported in the 2.x branches.

- Mark Norton