[Building Sakai] modifications to the New Account tool

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Apr 28 13:36:36 PDT 2009

Hi James,

It's only the services/API's that have moved into the Kernel (K1). K2
is in development but is a different kettle of fish altogether. So in
essence you are safe in your modifications of the user tool.

As for adding detection/restriction of valid emails, there are a
couple of sakai.properties you might be interested in which might save
you some work:

invalidEmailInIdAccountString	A list of patterns to detect invalid
email addresses when creating new accounts.
This property is used in Sakai version(s): 2.2,2.3,2.4
invalidNonOfficialAccountString	A list of patterns to detect invalid
email addresses when creating new accounts.
This property is used in Sakai version(s): 2.5,2.6

ref: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/DOC/Sakai+Properties+Reference+-+I

The other part of the new account process that you are implementing
sounds good (emailing details of new account). This is also filed as a
feature request here:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15570

cheers,
Steve