[Building Sakai] modifications to the New Account tool

James Marca jmarca at translab.its.uci.edu
Tue Apr 28 14:11:58 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 09:36:36PM +0100, Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> It's only the services/API's that have moved into the Kernel (K1). K2
> is in development but is a different kettle of fish altogether. So in
> essence you are safe in your modifications of the user tool.
>
> As for adding detection/restriction of valid emails, there are a
> couple of sakai.properties you might be interested in which might save
> you some work:
>
> invalidEmailInIdAccountString	A list of patterns to detect invalid
> email addresses when creating new accounts.
> This property is used in Sakai version(s): 2.2,2.3,2.4
> invalidNonOfficialAccountString	A list of patterns to detect invalid
> email addresses when creating new accounts.
> This property is used in Sakai version(s): 2.5,2.6
>
> ref:
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/DOC/Sakai+Properties+Reference+-+I
>
> The other part of the new account process that you are implementing
> sounds good (emailing details of new account). This is also filed as a
> feature request here:
> http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15570

Great, thanks for the pointers.  I'll try to respond to SAK-15570

As to the properties, a grep on the 2.5.x codebase for
invalidNonOfficialAccountString turned up stuff in SiteAction, but not
UsersAction.  So I'll see if I can't borrow from SiteAction to
generalize my edits to UsersAction.

Thanks,
James

James E. Marca