[Building Sakai] modifications to the New Account tool

James Marca jmarca at translab.its.uci.edu
Tue Apr 28 13:18:56 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I am implementing some local modifications to
user/user-tool/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/user/tool/UsersAction.java
relating to creating new accounts.  My question is whether this is the
right piece of code to be changing going forward, or is the
functionality of adding a new user going to migrate into the new
kernel code (K1 and/or K2)?  I scanned the svn source of K1 and didn't
see it, and I didn't see any edits aside from the new license change
between UsersAction.java 2.5 and 2.6rc, but I figure it is best to
ask!

In a nutshell, my change is that I'm adding restrictions on user email
addresses, and am in the process of changing the intial login process
so that user creation doesn't log the person in immediately, but
rather generates an email to the named account with the account
password.  (We only want to allow users with valid email accounts on
certain domains (for example, uci.edu) without getting too formal
about negotiating identity).

Cheers,
James
--