[Building Sakai] Nexus as a maven proxy

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 8 06:53:16 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM, David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za> wrote:

> I've been playing around with Nexus (http://nexus.sonatype.org/) to use
> as a mirror for maven repos - and down the line as a local release
> repository. Early indications are that it significantly speeds up our
> build process (the pom checks are performed at local network speed).

We're running archiva here for both mirroring and local artifact deployments.

http://archiva.oucs.ox.ac.uk/

which speeds up our builds as well.

> Has any else looked at Nexus? If you have have you been able to use it
> mirror the Sakai repo? I can't seem to get a configuration that mirrors
> both release and snapshot artefacts.

I keep hearing good things about it and if I was looking to pick a
maven repository again it's the one I'd look at.

I wish I had segmented our repo more, so that local deployment were
seperate from mirrored artifacts.

Is this a configuration problem with maven or nexus?

--
  Matthew Buckett