[sakai-core-team] Merging from github to svn?

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 02:05:37 PST 2015

On Mon Jan 12 2015 at 8:16:54 PM Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think that if the github process is working, then we should think about
> moving everything that people are likely going to need to use for a
> production install so its not fragmented (maven plugin looks good btw).
>
> I don't really see the point of keeping SVN around for main Sakai code
> now, its probably going to take more time for people to get patches to
> their install then the few hours it would take for them to retool to use
> Git. Plus its a service we provide for free, I'm sure we can make a
> decision about it.

Just to be clear, we don't have a perfect history. Although the master
branch is the same as trunk in SVN there is no history for the stable
branches (2.9.x, 10.x) so people who are using msub for a 10.x deployment
aren't able to move to git.

> SVN would then remain for contrib only, which is (likely) not dependent on
> the main code for patches. Maybe even move contrib, but I'm ambivalent
> about that.

Apart from the Sakai maven plugin is there anything else much in the main
SVN repo?