[sakai-core-team] Merging from github to svn?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:16:50 PST 2015

I think that if the github process is working, then we should think about
moving everything that people are likely going to need to use for a
production install so its not fragmented (maven plugin looks good btw).

I don't really see the point of keeping SVN around for main Sakai code now,
its probably going to take more time for people to get patches to their
install then the few hours it would take for them to retool to use Git.
Plus its a service we provide for free, I'm sure we can make a decision
about it.

That would mean moving msub, and potentially tags and branches.

SVN would then remain for contrib only, which is (likely) not dependent on
the main code for patches. Maybe even move contrib, but I'm ambivalent
about that.