[sakai-core-team] Subversion -> Github Migration

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Dec 29 13:09:24 PST 2014

Right, and this really isn't a Sakai specific thing anyway. uPortal has
their code in git now, Matterhorn has their code in git. I'm betting that
other Apereo projects are also using git. So basically to contribute to any
Apereo project you'll probably want to be familiar with git and they'll
have similar workflow models. Limiting the audience to Sakai I don't think
has much of an advantage given how many topics there are lately. A general
"one git to cover them all" and maybe a short piece from a few of the major
projects would be best.

And I'm without Aaron, someone would need to take a lead on the Sakai
bootcamp, if there is going to be one in 2015. I feel that the topics would
probably need to completely change for next year anyway. Especially with
the new portal, a focus on newer development techniques (client-side/REST)
and frameworks over legacy, CXF web services and continuing improvements on
LTI. Previous bootcamps mostly focused around classic skinning techniques,
utilizing Sakai internal services and basic administration.