[sakai-core-team] Status of Java security cert for 2.8 and 2.9

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Apr 15 07:58:31 PDT 2014

Hi Sakai Core Team,

As a reminder, we've purchased a 5 year certificate to be used in Sakai
2.8 and Sakai 2.9 for the audio recording java applet in Samigo. We are
waiting on receipt of the signed certificate. The hold up appears that
the Apereo Foundation needs to be listed in a directory for the
authorizing agency to confirm our existence.  We are now listed in
YP.com , if you search Apereo Foundation in Ann Arbor, MI .

I'm hoping that now that we are listed, we can get the signed cert
within a few days, or less.

In Sakai 10, we will no longer be dependent on Java, and by extension a
security certificate, for the audio recording feature. (thank goodness!)

Thanks,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin