[sakai-core-team] Couple or large changes to caching and eventing merging back to Sakai 10

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Tue Apr 15 07:21:22 PDT 2014

There are no changes to event handling or caching or sessions
management. These tickets all just make it possible for Sakai to
actually support distributed caching, distributed events, and session
replication. All of that functionality is disabled by default (or
simply not enabled) but the API changes were necessary to make it
possible. It is similar to when I added support to the kernel for
configuration providers in 2.9 but there were no configuration
providers implemented yet or when I added support for antisamy but it
was disabled.

Adding support often will require changes to APIs and those changes
are important to get in before a release.

In short, no new functionality is enabled, all existing tests are
passing, this has all been discussed.

Let's please avoid further misinformation and confusion.

I welcome anyone who wants to contribute to the effort and review the
code and help test. Other activity is not helpful and distracts from
the 10 release.

-AZ