[Deploying Sakai] CLE Release/Maint Team call: sakai-2.7.2 ticket triage session, Thursday, 5 May, 10AM-12PM, EDT

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed May 4 12:04:26 PDT 2011

Tomorrow's call will focus on a review of open 2.x blockers as well as 100+ 2.7-related resolved/closed tickets that have their 2.7.x status set "to merge".  The goal is to identify which fixes are "must haves" for a CLE sakai-2.7.2 maintenance release (links below).

If you have an interest in sakai-2.7 and can parse a Jira ticket quickly, assessing the technical, accessibility or i18n implications it represents for 2.7.x/2.7.2, please consider participating in this call.

During the call I suggest we identify resource needs required to help put out this release as well as attempt to derive a strawman release schedule for 2.7.2 based on available as well as anticipated commitments.  I expect we will require assistance in the following areas:

Development: bug fixing *[1]
Quality assurance: testing and verification of fixes
Branch management: reviewing and merging fixes to 2.7.x
Documentation: updating release notes
MySQL/Oracle/Db2 conversion script review and testing

*[1] I have not seen any proposals for back porting new features of a minor nature to 2.7.x.  At present I am working under the assumption that 2.7.2 is a pure bug fix release.

The timing and scope of this maintenance release is highly dependent on active community participation.  If you run a version of sakai-2.7 or hope to adopt or upgrade to sakai-2.7.2 I encourage you to get involved in the work required to produce the release.  Feel free to contact me if you need more info on the skill sets required.

Cheers,

Anthony

__________________________

Telephone: +1 812 856 7060
Polycom or Lifesize: 156.56.240.100##22X
Tandberg or XMeeting: 22X at 156.56.240.100
GDS E.164: 0011439X

Conference Code: 22348#
PIN: 72524#

__________________________

CLE 2.x Blockers (not all 2.7-related)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12708

SAK 2.7 resolved/closed (to merge; currently 0 issues)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12212

basiclti-1.2 resolved/closed (to merge)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12875

msgcntr-2.7 resolved/closed (to merge)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12874

profile2-1.3 resolved/closed (to merge; currently 0 issues)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12877

samigo-2.7 resolved/closed (to merge)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12816

search-1.2 resolved/closed (to merge)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12742

sitestats-2.1 resolved/closed (to merge)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12876

2x Critical (includes Indies; not all 2.7-related)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12709

Begin forwarded message: