[Deploying Sakai] Search tool and rebuilding index

Anand Mehta anand.mehta at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 07:10:48 PDT 2011

Hello Leon,

You can add the following settings to sakai.properties:

localIndexBase at org.sakaiproject.search.api.JournalSettings=${sakai.home}/indexwork
sharedJournalBase at org.sakaiproject.search.api.JournalSettings=<common directory accessible by all tomcats>/search

After you have restarted all Tomcats, go to the search tool in the admin workspace (add it if not there), click on Admin link and then click "Rebuild Whole Index". I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Anand