[Deploying Sakai] Sakai Deployment

Speelmon, Lance lance at indiana.edu
Thu Mar 31 10:14:10 PDT 2011

Larry,

That is an apache httpd config file - you might try looking in /etc/httpd/conf or similar directory.  Best, L

On Mar 31, 2011, at 10:19 AM, Larry Dougher wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to follow the tutorial (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Advanced+Tomcat++(and+Apache)+Configuration) but I can't find the httpd.conf file anywhere.

Basically, I would like to force it to be secure and obviously not be on port 8080 so that people have to enter it every time they want to get there.  Our instance is actually up on http://sakai.windsorschools.net:8080/portal but I would like it to be secure all the time for the logins, etc.  I am assuming I need to do that first step (proxy pass reverse, etc.) with the httpd.conf file before moving on to serverinfo.xml.

I could also look into doing tomcat natively according to the instructions and I don't mind doing that but I want users to type in simply sakai.windsorschools.net<http://sakai.windsorschools.net/> and it re-directs them to https://sakai.windsorschools.net/portal.  I don't mind using a self-signed cert just to get it up and running for the pilot.  I have a wildcard I can use later on for a proper cert.

Thanks,

Larry Dougher
Technology Coordinator / ACSP 10.6 / ACMT
Windsor School District
http://windsorschools.net<http://windsorschools.net/>