[Deploying Sakai] reset password tool isssue

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 02:38:47 PST 2011

Hello Bharathi,

You need to add the tool to a page in the !gateway site. In the Admin Workspace, go to Sites, search for !gateway, select it, then go to Pages, add a page, then add the reset password tool to it. Save everything and you should have it on your logged out gateway site.

There is a setting for sakai.properties which sets which types of user's can reset their password:
# Control who can use the password reset tool.
resetRoles.count=2
resetRoles.1=guest
resetRoles.2=external
where the count property = the number of roles you want to allow, then list one for each as per the example above.

cheers,
Steve