[Deploying Sakai] deprecating a bodyVolume

Cousineau, Jeffrey cousinea at umich.edu
Wed Jan 5 07:50:07 PST 2011

Hi John,

This is correct.  As long as the old volume(s) are still accessible to the app servers, you should be ok.

At U-M we have historically created a new volume each calendar year, so we only have one volume configured at a time.  Previous volumes remain NFS-mounted on the app servers so older content is still accessible.

Our configuration is currently:

bodyVolumes at org.sakaiproject.content.api.ContentHostingService=fs2011

Jeff