[Deploying Sakai] Issue with 1 of our production servers.

Tom Hall thall at brocku.ca
Mon Apr 4 12:20:11 PDT 2011

Hello again everyone

Mystery solved.  There has been a change in the way DNS is behaving in
our environment.  All of our Sakai servers are in the 10.x address space
and for some reason that our DNS folks haven't been able to explain yet
the behavior of reverse lookups for 10.x addresses are now behaving
differently (should have immediately failed but was taking 30 seconds to
a minute).

Solution to the problem within our Sakai environment was to put
/etc/hosts entries fore all of our application servers onto the database
servers.

Tom