[Deploying Sakai] Could not browse "Test & Quizzes in sakai 2.7.1

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Sat Sep 18 04:51:11 PDT 2010

When I was testing the release artifacts for windows. [1] I created a new
course site, added every tool and attempted to start them up. I did not have
any problem. I tried to start it up again today and it also worked fine.

This is on Tomcat 5.5.30, Windows Server 2008, Mysql 5.1.31 with connector
5.1.7 and Java 1.6.0_17.

Are you starting it on a clean up upgraded database? You might also want to
upgrade you java version.

I had some notes on the config and properties I used here, nothing out of
the ordinary. I've never tested this on a non server edition of Windows.

The error seems to indicate there was a startup problem loading Samigo,
either because it didn't exist or for some other reason (that would appear
in the logs). I've seen problems in the past where tomcat (on windows) for
some reason won't deploy all war files. You can check your webapp for a
"samigo-app" directory. It should have uncompressed the "samigo-app.war"
file. If it's not there for some reason, I've just restarted tomcat a few
times and it might uncompress it, or I just manually uncompressed it.
Something like "7-Zip" has an "Extract to" directory option (If you
right-click on samigo-app.war)

[image: extract to.png]

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1P6pYBlq6kfaHMZ4sgZp57Yl1i5Ixd5c57QphBg5tr6Y