[Deploying Sakai] Sakai 2.7.1 New Installation

Graham Pearson gspearson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 12:21:23 PDT 2010

I have just learned about Sakai and have been trying to install it from
source on CentOS5 which I have made my own very detailed installation
instructions as I am learning this in a Virtual Environment at the
moment. I have been following the directions at
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+2.7 and I have been
able to get everything to build successful.

Where I am tripping up is I have a directory in $CATALINA_HOME/sakai
which is in the same level as webapps and upon tomcat startup it does
not deploy sakai in this directory. I will try to deploy sakai into
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/sakai once I get to my home but wanted to know if
anyone can point me into the right direction as to where I missed.

I am excited about this software as it will give me a way to finally
drop MOODLE.

Graham Pearson