[Deploying Sakai] Where is course managment in sakai 2.7.1 ?

Julien Iguchi-Cartigny julien.cartigny at unilim.fr
Thu Sep 9 13:43:56 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to create a testbed for sakai and I don't understand the
course managment in this release.

If I download the binary version, I have
CourseManagementServiceFederatedImpl declared in sakai.properties but I
can't find it in the sources (svn from svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.7.1). It
seems the course-managment module is in svn/course-managment) but the
last version released is 2.6.1 (which does not build because it requires
sakai 2.6.1).

I don't know if it exists a recent documentation about course mamagment
for the last release.

BTW, is there any implementations which can help to create courses and
sections using web services (I didn't see any webservices for such
tasks). I am also interested by a simple course managment system, but
the only one (Sakora) I found is Oracle oriented (I just want a web
interface to create some courses, terms, etc...).

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Julien.