[Deploying Sakai] Problem adding tools to course sites.

Tom Hall thall at brocku.ca
Thu Sep 9 07:51:37 PDT 2010

  Good day everyone,

Since upgrading to 2.7.1 with tomcat 5.5.30 and java 1.6 we have started
having a problem adding tools to course sites.  We use a
SakaiScript.jws-based web service to create our sites.  With version
2.7.0 everyithing appears to have worked properly but since the upgrade
to 2.7.1 we have started having problems.  We add pages and tools to the
site for the following tools:
         sakai.iframe.site
         sakai.resources
         sakai.siteinfo

Initially everything looks OK on the new site, but when any tools
(announcements, chat, schedule) that use the synoptic tools are added to
the site, the synoptic components are not added.

If another instance of sakai.iframe.site is added via the siteinfo->edit
tools page and the original one removed before adding tools that use
synoptic componenents, the components appear as expected.

I have tested this with and without the wsetup.home. options in the
sakai.properties file as described last year with respect to version
2.6.0 with the same results.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tom