[Deploying Sakai] Bulk loading of users into sakai

bruceballou at olk12.com bruceballou at olk12.com
Tue Oct 26 17:47:51 PDT 2010

Hello All,

I am looking for someone who has found a way to load a lot of users at
one time, as we have a lot of users that start at the same time, such as
a multiple classes of 20 or more students.  We are entering them one at
a time now, but this is very time consuming.

I found a way of loading students via MySQL, but I have been told that
some modules will not show up for users added this way. I update two
tables, SAKAI_USER and SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP.

(If someone can explain this, I would really appreciate understanding
why this happens.)

I am new to sakai and MySQL, so the more information I get the better I
will understand the products.

Thanx,

Bruce