[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Bulk loading of users into sakai

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:54:20 PDT 2010

Hi,

Your best bet is the web services. You can use this Perl script:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/swinsburg/webservice-scripts/create-users.pl

to iterate over a CSV file and create user accounts. You'll need to adjust it for your environment.

In general you do not want to insert anything into the database manually.

See also here:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/WEBSVCS/How+to+use+the+Sakai+Web+Services

Down the track you might consider a Quartz job which can automate some of this for you.

cheers,
Steve