[Deploying Sakai] Renaming logo_inst.gif

Sri Kota srini07 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:29:54 PDT 2010

Thank You Steve. Your response proved very useful (although this took a lot
more than I would have thought).

One article I read said:
"the sakai logo name seems to be hardcoded, so changing the default skin
must conform to the naming convention".

Here it is:
http://technical.bestgrid.org/index.php/Customising_Sakai#Changing_the_default_Sakai_Logo

I cannot verify the above claim, but then I had to "workaround" to get all I
wanted with the logos.

Here is what I did:

/*wrapper for mast head elements - children are 3 blocks -
#mastLogo,#mastBanner,#mastLogin*/
#mastHead{
    clear: both;
    background-image: url(images/xyz.png);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    height: 90px;
}

/*container wrapping branding images - portal outputs one
/library/skin/<skin name>/images/logo_inst.gif
that can be used or hidden,can also use a background:url(images/<image
name>.<ext>) in this block,or both superimposing them*/
#mastLogo{
    float: left;
    display:none;
/*    margin-left: 0.2em;
    width: auto;
    background-image:url(images/warn.gif);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
*/
}

/*the portal outputs an image that can be treated here or hidden with
display:none*/
#mastLogo img{
/*    margin: 1em .5em;*/
/*    display:none; */
    border: none;
}

/*another container wrapping branding images - portal outputs one
/library/skin/<skin name>/images/banner_inst.gif
that can be used or hidden,can also use a background:url(images/<image
name>.<ext>) in this block,or both superimposing them*/
#mastBanner{
    width: auto;
    vertical-align: top;
    float: left;
}

/*the portal outputs an image that can be treated here or hidden with
display:none*/
#mastBanner img{
    margin: 1em .2em;
    display: none;