[Deploying Sakai] Sakai Install on 64-bit Machine

Sri Kota srini07 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:20:22 PST 2010

Hello Folks,
I have successfully installed Sakai 2.6.2 on a 32-bit Windows XP test
machine.

I am running into 'Out-of-Memory' errors when I try to install it on a
64-bit Windows Server 2003 production machine. I am using the 64-bit version
of JDK and JRE on the 64-bit machine. I see that the following folder is
missing in the 64-bit JRE installation:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_22\bin\client

That is the only difference I can tell as far as the 2 installations go.

Does anyone have experience installing Sakai using 64-bit Java version? Are
there any known issues that you are aware of?

Thanks for looking in.
-Sri

--
- Sri